Wednesday 7 October 2009

October so far

My far better than average beginning of the month shows no signs of slowing down for NLHE FR. I'm back playing a ton of FR and making the move up to 100 a lot more often and an insanely high winrate at 50nl to help supplement me.

I've noticed a lot of new regs at 50nl and it's fun getting reads on new people and having to take extra notice at their lines and ranges. It's kind of funny that I've been playing looser at FR than I was at 6max. I'm not sure what the reason behind that is but I imagine that I am seeing a lot more opportunities to value bet and take pots away from people postflop and therefore I'm playing more and more hands in position. Having a lot of fun too that way - making myself play as close to optimal as possible and finding the most +EV lines based on numerous variables.

I have been throwing in some Omaha off and on trying to learn that game and I think I've got the basic strat pretty much nailed down. Running amazingly terrible there right now though:

Poker Stars $0.25/$0.50 Pot Limit Omaha Hi - 6 players - View hand 316532
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

BB: $27.70
UTG: $38.60
MP: $103.60
CO: $11.90
BTN: $52.45
Hero (SB): $50.00

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is SB with 7 of hearts A of diamonds 6 of diamonds A of clubs 67% Equity
UTG calls $0.50, 2 folds, BTN raises to $2.25, Hero raises to $7.75, 2 folds, BTN calls $5.50

Flop: ($16.50) 5 of spades 8 of clubs 6 of hearts (2 players) 69% Equity

Hero bets $15.70, BTN calls $15.70

Turn: ($47.90) J of spades (2 players) 82% Equity

Hero bets $26.55 all in, BTN calls $26.55

River: ($101.00) 7 of diamonds (2 players - 1 is all in)

Final Pot: $101.00
BTN shows 8 of hearts K of spades K of clubs 9 of clubs (a straight, Five to Nine)
Hero shows 7 of hearts A of diamonds 6 of diamonds A of clubs (two pair, Sevens and Sixes)
BTN wins $98.00
(Rake: $3.00)

villain says, "had to try"

People are amazingly bad at this game and I think it's going to be super profitable. Unfortunately I'm down 6 buyins total due to running into these kinds of beats over and over - longterm this is going to be a huge money maker.

No comments:

Post a Comment