Sunday 4 April 2010

Test-Pro

I officially started my 7 months of test-pro on Saturday and will for the most part be putting in my hours Monday to Friday with at most 4 hours on the weekend. I have several goals in mind:

 
  • Set up somewhat of a schedule.
  • 30 hours per week.
  • Focus on improving and moving up.
  • Watch a lot of videos.
  • Get some coaching.
  • Hammer out a few milestone bonuses.

 
If I can make a decent run at this without being able to play much on the weekend, I should have the skill, mindset, bankroll and savings to actually do this for real. The conditions I’ll be playing in now will be slightly tougher than conditions for being a real pro: more hours squeezed into fewer days, no weekend fish (although without the stress of actually needing to make money).

 
Saturday and Sunday are my "days off" where I go to my day job, but I managed to get in a couple hours Saturday anyways and won 4 buyins in a couple hours so I’m already ahead of schedule =)

 
I’ll keep any updates related to this under the “Test-Pro” label until the end of October.

7 comments:

  1. If you actually stick to a schedule, you'll be a more professional pro than most, including me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks guys!

    one more goal to add to the list: lose 30 pounds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck!

    Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, now there's something I can actually compete in. Used to roll 260 lbs. in college, now weigh in at 170.

    Suck at poker, real good at weight loss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Josh, first thoughts on the new PS? How is it working for you?

    ReplyDelete