Tuesday 26 October 2010

Software Review: Tilt Breaker

As I'm writing this, I'm on a "tilt" break. I'm pretty impressed with Tilt Breaker.

This software has been in beta testing for a while and I believe they are almost ready to officially launch. There's a ton of stuff in here for helping you control your tilt, and beyond that, just plain helping you play within the specifications of your A game. I've been using it for a couple of days, and although I think it may cut down a bit on your volume, it's going to make sure the volume you do put in is solid.


The big feature with this is the ability to auto-break your sessions. There are 4 ways to do this and they can be used in conjunction with each other:

  • Stop Win - for the people that are into that sort of thing
  •  
  • Time Played - if you're optimal play is within a specific time frame
  •  
  • Hands Played - similar to Time Played
  •  
  • Stop Loss - This is the big one for me. It's not a simple stop loss although you can set it up that way as well to calculate from $0. For me, the best thing about this software is the peak stop loss. It prevents you from blowing away your profits during a session. If I have my stop loss set to 1.5 buyins, my session ends if I start off losing 1.5 buyins since the peak is $0. But just as important, if I win 4 buyins and then proceed to lose 1.5 buyins from that point, it tells me I'm done and my session ends at +2.5.

Once it's running, you're not getting around it. Can't reload. Can't open cash tables. Can't reg for tournaments. And there's a delay countdown timer that says you have x amount of time to finish your hands before we're going to shut you down completely. I tried killing the process a couple of different ways but it's pretty stubborn and pops back up. Serious business. ** Tournament tables already running will continue to run so no worries there.

Several other interesting optional features:
  • Tilt Breaker Panic button
  • More detailed session info similar to HEM Table Manager tray icon
  • Block your cashier box during a session

Everything is fully customizable in terms of what you consider to be a break, how long you need to take a break and how long you want to be locked out for each individual option.

A+ software. It's like Table Ninja for your mindset and your bankroll.

4 comments:

  1. Where did you find this, sounds really amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review. I briefly heard about this a while back, but didn't really pay attention to it. I think I'm going to have to have a serious look at this now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ... Exciting developments coming shortly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi. I just noticed you put me on your blog list. Thanks - I am honoured! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete