Monday 8 December 2008

Attack of the Limpers..... errr....

My focus this week is going to be on attacking limpers. After reviewing the last few weeks of play, I noticed I had really cut down on doing this and was back to just playing my cards instead of playing the situation optimally.

Since there are no decent 100NL tables (or 50NL for that matter) running this early in the morning I fired up 18 tables of 25NL to see if I could keep up with HUD stats and focus on attacking limpers based on their postflop tendencies. TheZodiac (25NL/50NL reg) had started a bunch of tables so I sat on a lot of them and we waited for the $15 buyin fish to show up.

This led to my really fun loose-TAG/LAGgy game and it helped that I was running really decent. I was about 19/16 and totally ran over the tables for 17 ptBB/100 over 1300 hands. I got into a few really fun reg wars as well. Most of these 25NL regs still have my stats at around 11/7 over enormous samples so their reads have been way off lately and probably will be for a while.

I also watched the Leatherass/Mbolt 400NL 6max video yesterday and picked up a lot of things that I hadn't thought about before regarding postflop play. Definately check it out if you're a Stox member. I think a lot of their thought processes translate very well over to full ring.

I am waiting on Stox to get part 1/4 of SplitSuit's new series up today, too, so I'm looking forward to that.

One reg war from today, he was getting pretty sick of me I think - I was at 6 of his tables and 3betting him a lot before this and he was starting to get pretty aggro. Expert flop call imo. Keep his and my ranges as wide as possible so he can stack off the turn and there isn't a single card I don't mind seeing - except the one that gives him a set if he doesn't have one already, but I don't know which one that is =) I'm only worried about an A or K peeling off and killing my action.

Poker Stars $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em - 9 players
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

UTG+2: $11.90
Hero (MP1): $25.00
MP2: $31.20
CO: $24.30
BTN: $14.65
SB: $25.95
BB: $38.30
UTG: $27.70
UTG+1: $27.25

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is MP1 with A A
3 folds, Hero raises to $0.75, 3 folds, SB calls $0.65, 1 fold

Flop: ($1.75) 4 6 2 (2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $1.25, SB raises to $3.75, Hero calls $2.50

Turn: ($9.25) 9 (2 players)
SB bets $8, Hero raises to $20.50 all in, SB calls $12.50

River: ($50.25) Q (2 players - 1 is all in)

Final Pot: $50.25
Hero shows A A (a pair of Aces)
SB shows J J (a pair of Jacks)
Hero wins $47.80
(Rake: $2.45)


Results for today:
Attacking limpers was working very very well. Except for the part about hitting 3 outers on the turn when I had them dominated with top pair to make 2 pair and stack me 3 times in the first 300 hands lol. Oh well, I managed to get back to breakeven and finished the day up 1/2 a buyin. I'm going to keep on focusing on this.

The games this month have been the best I have seen in a very long time. All week has been playing like the weekend regardless of time or day. Good to see the economy has not affected online traffic at all yet and apparently traffic actually increased by 40% as of September. Weird. But I guess it stands to reason. Track betting was the most popular pastime during the 1930s.

No comments:

Post a Comment