Thursday 26 March 2009

Home Game Trip Report: Part 2

Final Table

Clockwise around the table:
Blinds: 40/80
Me: 3700
Structure set-up guy: 1300
Weak-Tight Nit: 1200
Agro Reg: 2300
Tilty Host: 700
Loose-Passive Reg: 800

So I decide I'm going to start abusing my stack right off the start. 2 hands in I raise AJs UTG. It folds around to Tilty Host and he sits there looking like he's steamy and ends up shoving. I snap since it's like 450 more and he flips QQ yet again for the 3rd time in 20 minutes. I spike an A and he's quite tilty until he re-spikes a Q on the turn.

Blinds get traded around for a bit until a funny hand comes up:
Folds to Structure Guy on the BTN who limps, Nit folds, and Agro Reg checks the BB.

Flop is 998, Agro Reg checks, Structure Guy checks
Turn is 9988, Agro Reg checks, Strucutre Guy checks
River is 99889, Agro Reg checks, Structure Guy laughs and says "all-in" jokingly while having a Tilly moment.
Agro Reg falls out of his chair laughing as he calls and flips the case 9. gg Structure Guy!

Me and Agro Reg start to chip up and everyone else is just folding and folding. Finally I minraise JJ on the BTN and SB Weak-Tight Nit shoves his last 5 bb in. I call and he flips TT and does not improve.

Tilty Host eventually blinds out with most of his chips going to Loose-Passive Reg and it's down to me, Agro Reg, and Loose-Passive Reg. I start stealing every single time I'm on the BTN. Finally Loose-Passive Reg catches on and starts shoving over my raises 4 times in a row.

So I decide it's time to adjust.

Homegame - 40/80
Hero (BTN) is dealt Ah5d

Hero: 5000
Agro Reg: 3500
Loose-Passive Reg: 1500

Preflop: Hero limps 80, Agro Reg folds, Loose-Passive Reg checks

Flop (200): 2h3c9h
Loose-Passive Reg bets 80, Hero calls 80

Turn (360): 4d
Loose-Passive Reg bets 80, Hero raises to 300, Loose-Passive Reg calls 220

River (960): Td
Loose-Passive Reg checks, Hero bets 1150, Loose-Passive Reg calls 1120 all-in

Loose-Passive Reg shows JJ and says "I didn't know you could use an Ace as a low in a straight!"

HU
Hero: 6500
Agro Reg: 3500

So now Agro Reg wants to win this thing and starts going crazy on me at first. Then I start shoving back and he slows way down and starts folding to all my cbets. His next adjustment is to start floating me and shoving every time I check the turn or bet 1/2 pot.

Homegame - 50/100
Hero is dealt Ac 3c on the BTN

Preflop: Hero raises to 300, Agro Reg calls 200

Flop (600): 2c 9c 7d
Hero bets 300, Agro Reg shoves, Hero has him covered and calls - Agro Reg flips up J6o no club.

Turn: Jd

River: Ts

I say nh.

He continues with this strat and tries to be very tricky:

Homegame - 50/100
Hero 3000
BB 7000

Hero is dealt Ad 8s on the BTN

Preflop: Hero raises to 300, BB calls 200

Flop (600): Ad Ts 9d
Hero bets 250, BB sho--- Hero Hellmuth calls ---ves all-in

BTN shows KK. I say nice hand, very sneaky. He doesn't improve. He feels kind of silly for flatting preflop.

Final hand for the tourney, Agro Reg appears to be getting tired of it since we've been HU for 1/2 an hour. I left the option up to him if he wanted to raise blinds or not once we got HU. He declined to raise blinds for obvious reasons:

Homegame - 50/100
Hero 6500
BTN 3500

Hero is dealt Qd Ts

Preflop: BTN calls 50, Hero checks

Flop (200): As Qs 9s
Hero bets 100, BTN shoves, Hero tanks for 2 minutes and calls - BTN flips up Kd2s

Turn: 2d

River is... a K... of spades!

gg guys. Ship the $80. Unfortunately I missed 3 hours of LAN Halo 3 due to feeling like I should win this thing lol. But they had moved on to NHL '09 which was fun - I haven't played an NHL game since '06. My team managed to win all 3 games including the last which ended in a 15 round shootout. Shootouts are too hard imo.

I loled on my way out of the city while listening to more Krantz and Whitelime at 4am. The slogan on the Thank You for Visiting sign is "It's worth the trip!" Good times!

ty to Tilty Host for providing beverages and an awesome cubed cheese and SlimJim platter! Snap into a SlimJim! Oooohhh Yeaahhhh!


No comments:

Post a Comment