Tuesday 21 June 2011

Adventures in Mouse Repair

There probably aren't that many hobbies or professions out there that where out a mouse so quickly. clickclickclickclickclick... 2000 rapid fire clicks per hour. At least for those of us who aren't comfortable doing everything by hotkey.

The past couple of weeks have been somewhat frustrating mixed with the odd weird two pair. I stack my tables, and my left click was worn out leading to a lot of mis-calls raises and folds. It's an odd mix of emotions when you click it back 3bet 73o thinking "Oh shit, this problem has cost me more than a new mouse already..." flop two pair and think "LOL, this problem has won me more than a new mouse already."

Today I had enough but couldn't stand to part with my MX Revolution after being through so much with it and decided a DIY repair was in order. I found a pretty great guide here for my specific problem. 3 hours later, problem solved! 1/2 hour to read the guide and watch a Youtube video for verification to take it apart carefully. 5 minutes to bend the paper thin contact switch back into shape. 1 hour to figure out how to put the contact switch back in properly. 1.5 hours trying to find the 2mm x 2mm white clicker plastic insert on your white rug after it jumps out of it's casing only to say "F this my old one can go without a right click," and steal one from there.

Instructrions: DO NOT LOSE !!!

So to all the regs out there, you can rest assured I won't be making any more spazz looking 3, 4 or 5 bets from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment