Thursday 23 June 2011

Poll: Reading Material

I'm trying to get back into reading some books. I used to be quite a nerd and thoroughly enjoyed reading 200 pages a day back in high school. I need some reading material at work and picked up a bunch of the free public domain classics on Amazon that I haven't read or finished reading yet and thought might be interesting.

I've posted a poll over on the right with what I would consider to be the top 5 of what I have downloaded right now. I'm also still trying to finish Stephen King's The Dome as well (massive book measured in weight instead of pages).

 If you have any other suggestions on awesome books to read please comment below. I'm partial to:

  • Dystopian / Post-Apocalyptic -- 1984, On the Beach
  • Sci-fi -- Azimov, HG Wells
  • Political satire -- Gulliver's Travels, Animal Farm

type stuff with the odd King or Koontz style horror/thriller thrown in, although I used to read a ton of Tolkien and Robert Jordan, too.

1 comment:

  1. A good sci-fi author I've been reading lately is John Scalzi.

    The first book by him I read is "Old Man's War" and it was pretty good. I've also read "Fuzzy Nation" and "The Android's Dream" and they were both interesting... there's a few more in the series based off "Old Man's War" that I'm going to be getting to, but most of his novels stand alone.

    ReplyDelete