Wednesday 30 July 2008

End of July

I'm playing in the Stars VIP promotion tourney for the end of the month. Would be nice to go from Platinum to Supernova Elite, but only 1 pays and there's 832 registered with 1 hour to go before we start. Top 27 for Supernova is going to be awfully tough to crack, too. I watched the bubble of the one that ran this afternoon and it was crazy. After that it was a free for all 27 way flipament since the next payout was 1st place.

I'll probably just play LAG at the start, get a big stack or bust out early. Survival only gets you so far when the payout is so top heavy. Would hate to just waste my time being card dead and blinding out 3 hours in when I could be grinding tables or making a serious run at this instead. Hopefully there will be a lot of people that are absent/sitting out so I can play 6 max strategy with dead blind money.

Updates to follow...

In other news, 50NL can DIAGF as far as I'm concerned. Trying to move back up and people are so aggro I can't figure out what is going on. Constantly getting coolered and getting my overpairs cracked. I see monsters under the bed, but they are actually there. Sigh. I can't figure out if I'm running bad, playing bad or both. I feel like I'm getting played back at with ATC except I don't have anything to call down with either.

I'm so tired of being floated. Extremely frustrating. In or out of position doesn't matter, they still do it. The times I c/r I get shoved on, too. I can't believe I can't beat this level when I beat 25NL SO easily. I just can't figure out how to adjust. They always have it. Then I go back down to 25NL and crush it again. Get a +4 buyin day at 25NL, move up and lose it back in 1/2 an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment