Wednesday 14 November 2007

Moving Up Again - On to 10NL

After finishing the 10k hands at 5NL, I played about 400 hands of 10NL just to get going this evening. I'm pretty tired now, just getting home from work, so I will have to officially start 10NL tomorrow. Despite that, I was running fairly well at 16BB/100. It would have been even higher if not for this hand:

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (9 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.comFlopTurnRiver.com (Format: Plain Text)

BB ($6.40)
UTG ($6.35)
Hero ($10.15)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Kc, Ks.
UTG calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.4, 6 folds, BB calls $0.30, UTG calls $0.30.

Flop: ($1.25) 8d, 3c, Tc (3 players)
BB checks, UTG bets $0.5, Hero raises to $1.5, BB folds, UTG calls $1.

Turn: ($4.25) Kh (2 players)
UTG bets $0.5, Hero raises to $3, UTG calls $2.50.

River: ($10.25) Ac (2 players)
UTG bets $1.45 (All-In), Hero calls $1.45.

Final Pot: $13.15

Results below:
UTG has Qc Jc (flush, ace high).
Hero has Kc Ks (three of a kind, kings).
Outcome: UTG wins $13.15.

I see a lot of people get furious and call these people fish or donks or whatever. DON'T DO THIS. This guy was calling off way more than pot odds allowed, and on the turn he called more than implied odds would give him. Do not berate the fish, it only encourages them to play better and you make money off of them making mistakes, especially huge ones like this. Worst of all, they will most likely leave the table if you make fun of them or try to 'coach' them.

Instead of wasting your time in the chat box, take that time to write a note on him and add him to your buddy list. If you find yourself feeling the urge to type something nasty into the chat box, I recommend just turning the chat right off. This is what I did a while back and it helped me get over my tilt problems, so that I can now turn my chat on without it affecting my play.

No comments:

Post a Comment