Sunday 21 September 2008

Small heater

I finally broke out of my slump over the past few days. I've been on a heater for 5 days and I'm up 18 buyins at 25NL in a little more than 10k hands. I'm not sure what's changed but I seem to have gotten back into that state of mind that I had in this post. The card dead stretches tend to get me out of that state of mind. The games have also been excellent lately and the weekend 25NL games are playing like the weekday 5NL games. I need to buy a bigger net for all the money being thrown at me.

I haven't taken very good notes on the regs that I have several thousand hands on over the past couple months. I don't even recognize some of them when I look through my database. So now I'm making a point of going through HEM every day and creating a detailed profile on a couple of regs that I see all the time. I debated a lot over whether this was a good use of time considering that there are so many fish out there that detailed notes on regs other than just stuff like "reg," "avoid," "2p2" etc. that I don't really need to worry about the regs. I decided it is a good idea because a lot of them at this level actually have huge leaks. If I ever want to move up, I'm going to have to be able to beat more and more regs so I might as well start now and learn to beat them and exploit their leaks rather than take the easy (lazy) route of passing up some decently +EV situations to avoid a reg war.

I've adapted my game to be a bit more exploitive rather than optimal. I am starting to take some mega weird exploitive lines once in a while when a situation warrants it if I notice a specific leak in a certain player's game instead of playing XxXx the optimal way against an x/y/z opponent with an abc textured board. This seems to be a bit more of a risk for me because if I'm wrong I'll often lose a good deal of my stack or totally wreck my image to the point that I'm not sure how they or the rest of the table will react anymore, but the payoffs can be so much bigger, too. I think I am starting to get to the point of trusting my reads enough to make this happen though, so we'll see how it works out.

And I believe this also serves to totally screw with the other regs that are going through their DBs and trying to make notes on me. I don't think Shania is that important at 25NL if at all, but I'm guessing that I'll continue to see some of the same regs over and over as I move up and their 25NL DB continues into 50NL and their 100NL DB continues when they move up to 200NL.

Oh I forgot to mention the past couple of days that the 10NL video I made unfortunately crashed on rendering and I'm not sure how to get it back or if I can. I'll try to make another one possibly this week, although this week will be quite busy for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment