Sunday 7 September 2008

Yeah! NOT Breakeven

Yes this is still my blog. I changed the template because I'd like to start posting some more HHs and it wasn't working out so well on the black one with spades and clubs - it looked so messy. Leave a comment if you find the blue easier/harder to read. I've also added Happy Pixel's blog to my list. From what I've read of his blog and his posts on 2p2 so far, he seems to be in the same spot as me: in the process of moving to 50NL.

Finally decided enough is enough: I'm going to have a winning session and swong myself back up! Positive thinking = run hot. If only there were a real technique for this =) I actually did manage to swong myself back up though.

Got away from this VERY cheaply. Not sure exactly what villain is thinking, but he's running 65/25/1 and not raising AA? Weird. I suppose the strategy is to limp the top 40% of his range and raise the bottom 25% and then just call down postflop ;)

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (8 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP1 ($26.15)
MP2 ($24.65)
CO ($22.55)
Button ($24.05)
SB ($15.50)
BB ($7.95)
UTG ($5.25)
Hero (UTG+1) ($25.55)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K, K
1 fold, Hero raises to $1, 4 folds, SB calls $0.90, 1 fold

Flop: ($2.25) 6, 6, 9 (2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $1.50, SB calls $1.50

Turn: ($5.25) 4 (2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $3, SB calls $3

River: ($11.25) 8 (2 players)
SB checks, Hero checks

Total pot: $11.25 | Rake: $0.55
SB had A, A (two pair, Aces and sixes).
Hero mucked K, K (two pair, Kings and sixes).


I also came to a new conclusion that cbet stats are overrated thanks to ship_it_trebek. He was basically saying in the FR chat forum that we should be looking for boards to cbet rather than at cbet stats. I tried a couple of sessions without them and noticed I was thinking through hands a lot better and not spewing on wet boards as much. There is absolutely no point in cbetting a QJ9ss flop against almost anyone regardless of stats unless you hit it pretty hard or you have an ultra-weak-tight villain. To summarize: cbet stats are over-rated, texture is under-rated.

I had also been targeting TAGs who have high-ish fold to cbet stats, but who I don't really want to play with because some are capable of playing back and putting me in tough spots. Thanks to this idea and NLTAP, I've tailored my game a bit to target weak-tighties and loose-passives to steal pots from on good flops and turns and I'd like to think this is responsible for the 1 day swong back to the highest point on my graph for the month.

In other news, the Prime Minister asked the GG to disolve parliament and called an election this morning. Weird how the US can campaign non-stop for 2 years, but here in Canada, the PM calls an election and we vote within 40 days. Also weird how he comes up with an idea of fixed election dates so the PM can't pick an election date, then sidesteps his own legislation through a massive loophole rendering the legislation irrelevant...

Stephen vs. Stephane vs. Jack and Gilles. Let the snooze-fest begin - and I'm a politics nut.

No comments:

Post a Comment